Bom-Be has the most varied array of detection techniques to work with. For UXO detection we use two main methods:
1. Magnetometric surveys, with:
- active and passive detectors;
- analogue and computer-aided interpretation;
- surface and depth detection;
- single and multi-sensor configuration.
Most detection apparatus is hooked up to a data logger and GPS antenna, allowing us to rapidly and accurately produce a map of the anomalies in the soil. Based on this map and the measured values, our experts can determine which objects are possible UXO and which are not.
With these techniques, we can detect suspect objects in the soil, localise and approach them. Conventional ammunition is usually laid bare by hand.